Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

binary mutiplier & divider

Status
Not open for further replies.

4electros

hello, these are the algorithms of multiplying and dividing for two binary numbers with their corresponding implmentaion figures , well i actually understood the algorithms but still not getting into implementation yet..
I need help to get through, thanks.

Attachments

• bin_mul_ex.gif
    bin_mul_ex.gif
    1.6 KB · Views: 278
  • binary_multiplier.gif
    binary_multiplier.gif
    14.9 KB · Views: 462
  • binary_divider_ex.gif
    binary_divider_ex.gif
    2.2 KB · Views: 318
  • divider_cell.gif
    divider_cell.gif
    4.2 KB · Views: 919
Last edited:
What difficulties are you having?

FA means "full adder", so the multiplier is just an addition network using ripple carries. The multiplication by 0 or 1 is provided by the AND gates.

The division circuit is only one bit of the entire divide process. I assume it can be cascaded somewhat like the full adders of the multiplier circuit to create a combinatorial divider, or attached to registers driven by a sequencer.

May I ask if I have a keypad to input the BCD, how shld I implement using the above schematic diagram?
Do I need to convert BCD to binary?? Thanks

You will need to design and build a system that takes the data from the keypad, convert it into a form that can be used by the schematics, and display or transmit the results.

If you're trying to do this without a microcontroller (hint), you will need to learn more about digital design.

Some of the components on the schematics aren't necessarily available as "off-the-shelf" items.

How do you intend to implement the posted schematics?

tkbits said:
You will need to design and build a system that takes the data from the keypad, convert it into a form that can be used by the schematics, and display or transmit the results.

If you're trying to do this without a microcontroller (hint), you will need to learn more about digital design.

Some of the components on the schematics aren't necessarily available as "off-the-shelf" items.

How do you intend to implement the posted schematics?

Hi there, I have already created a keypad matrix . I actually have completed my add/subtract calculator for my projects. I am trying to add in multiplier for bonus mark :D .
I supposed I have to convert BCD values to binary first. Go through the multiplier cct and then convert back to BCD values and stored back to register

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back