Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Biblical evidence of The Big Bang Theory

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a distinction between scientific method and religion.

Science operates on proofs and evedences. Only things that are proven matter. Believs don't matter. Ohm's law is thrue wether you believe it or not.

Religion operates on faith and believs. Proofs and evidences don't matter. It's bad to kill another man. There's no proof for that. But we don't need any proof to believe that.

Applying scietific method to religious problems is about as silly as it would be applying religious methods to studying physics.
I was applying Religious method to a scientific problem...

OK, How about the garden of Eden? Iraq???
I'm an agnostic so I'm trying to learn.

That is very true. Personally I try to look at the religion rather than at the followers of the religion. Most often the religion itself is based on fundamentals that anyone would agree are good and righteous. It's the people that often make certain religions look bad. Gandhi once said,

I think the same goes for many other religions. For me, an important part of my beliefs is understanding that I am not perfect, that I cannot properly portray what my religion is truly about due to my own humanity. However, I try to explain that the entire point of my religion is that people are imperfect, but that it does not matter.

Now, I'm speaking from the view of Christianity since that is what I follow, so forgive me if I sound biased. I am trying to diversify and make it relevant to other religions as well.
That's because they are not Christians. To that kind, Christianity is only a "mask" that they wear. You have to remember that just because someone says something doesn't make it so - and many people are liars.
And that is the goal of the enemy: pretend to be them; infiltrate, then destroy from within.
Do you think an evil person is going to admit that they are? Of course not! Evil always disguises it true intentions.

OK, How about the garden of Eden? Iraq???
I'm an agnostic so I'm trying to learn.
Sorry. I have heard about that, but I have not researched it.

I was more interested in people because it seems we are all African.

So, did you join this forum to talk about bible or technology? I would suggest that you keep the religious stuff to yourself.. I respect your religious beliefs, but this is the wrong forum for that kind of debate.

There are three things that are not good topics if you want to avoid conflict: religion, disease and politics. The middle one is synonymous to the first and third. Also notice how religion is as far away from politics as possible.
What are your opinions about the Big Bang Theory?

God could have built the earth to appear to be very old.
If God made the world to look old and it is not then God lied to me.
So, nobody has any opinions on the Big Bang Theory??
I have read several theories where matter has all wise existed. (there is no beginning) With multiverse, there is something before our big bang.
Multiverse = infinite or finite possible number of universes.

The bible (and related books) shows a history of religion and not the history of the universe. The writers of the bible did not know about big bangs, and they did not write about such.

Hmm.. does big bang theory contradict the bible? Is evolution against what bible says?
Evolution "Theory" is against what the Bible says. Odds & probabilities are against evolution also. I read one time that 2 mathematicians calculating the possibility of life springing from nothing came to the same conclusion, 10^48,000, a mathematical impossibility.

If God made the world to look old and it is not then God lied to me.

I have read several theories where matter has all wise existed. (there is no beginning) With multiverse, there is something before our big bang.
Multiverse = infinite or finite possible number of universes.

The bible (and related books) shows a history of religion and not the history of the universe. The writers of the bible did not know about big bangs, and they did not write about such.
I would say that the first several verses of the Bible are about the universe, and time also. Time is only relevant to matter - time means nothing much to an eternal being.

Evolution "Theory" is against what the Bible says. Odds & probabilities are against evolution also. I read one time that 2 mathematicians calculating the possibility of life springing from nothing came to the same conclusion, 10^48,000, a mathematical impossibility.

If you have infinite amount of time, what are the odds that this 10^48,000 "mathematical impossibility (whatever that means)" happens? It is one. I can also prove that it did happen.. because otherwise we would not be here.

For humans it is easy to think that time goes on to infinity, but it is difficult to think that it also goes back to infinity.
Also it is easy to think that we can zoom-out to infinity when we look at things, but it is difficult to think that we can zoom-in to infinitely small details.
And it is easy to think that we can move slower and slower, but it is hard to think that we could move faster and faster.
It is hard to think what it is like to be dead..

All these things make us tell stories that become beliefs.. those beliefs help us cope with things that we do not fully understand.

Last edited:
What are your opinions about the Big Bang Theory?

I wasn't going to say anything on this topic, but as a "non believer" I entirely believe the big bang theory..
My Reasons!

Well as I do not believe there is one almighty being in charge ( and no amount of preaching will ever change my mind ) The only other factual evidence points to chemical reactions... Ameba's.... Aquatic's...Amphibian's.... Mammals...

I was listening to an Imman on a TV show some time ago, Trying to make his point about science / religion relationship... When a young Islamic man said this..

"Early islamic teachers believed that science and religion didn't contradict each other. I believe the creation of religion was in an instance of time where man discovered his soul. Before this, man was an empty shell, an animal, it wasn't until this point where man learn't to love and care for others. I believe the scientists to be correct about evolution. Man was created when he took god into his heart!"

As a "Non believer", this made perfect sense to me... More sense than the Imman giving the lecture anyway!!!

In the movie Hans Landa had the power to end an ugly war.. That was the symbolism I was after.
OK, I get it!

I think that there should be a sub-title to that film...

"The Second World War - The alternative ending"

I wonder how may people think that Adolf Hitler died in a cinema in Paris?

JimB

(Edit: I appear to be several pages late with this comment, you guys have been very busy debating while I have been asleep.)

Last edited:
If you have infinite amount of time, what are the odds that this 10^48,000 "mathematical impossibility (whatever that means)" happens? It is one. I can also prove that it did happen.. because otherwise we would not be here.

For humans it is easy to think that time goes on to infinity, but it is difficult to think that it also goes back to infinity.
Also it is easy to think that we can zoom-out to infinity when we look at things, but it is difficult to think that we can zoom-in to infinitely small details.
And it is easy to think that we can move slower and slower, but it is hard to think that we could move faster and faster.
It is hard to think what it is like to be dead..

All these things make us tell stories that become beliefs.. those beliefs help us cope with things that we do not fully understand.
I wonder sometimes why I've been given unshakable faith and most people have not. There are many things I could say but you would not believe me. People make their own choices. It's people that discount God without doing any legitimate study that I have a hard time respecting.

I wasn't going to say anything on this topic, but as a "non believer" I entirely believe the big bang theory..
My Reasons!

Well as I do not believe there is one almighty being in charge ( and no amount of preaching will ever change my mind ) The only other factual evidence points to chemical reactions... Ameba's.... Aquatic's...Amphibian's.... Mammals...

I was listening to an Imman on a TV show some time ago, Trying to make his point about science / religion relationship... When a young Islamic man said this..

"Early islamic teachers believed that science and religion didn't contradict each other. I believe the creation of religion was in an instance of time where man discovered his soul. Before this, man was an empty shell, an animal, it wasn't until this point where man learn't to love and care for others. I believe the scientists to be correct about evolution. Man was created when he took god into his heart!"

As a "Non believer", this made perfect sense to me... More sense than the Imman giving the lecture anyway!!!
You seem like an intelligent and rational person.
Soon the talk will be over. The "mark of the beast" was prophesied 2000 years ago. When that days comes will atheists dismiss that also? - normalcy bias?
That day is going to be a rude awakening for most people - and they are already putting chips in animals and I read that some military people are getting them also. When that day comes that we have to have the mark to "buy & sell" then that is the mark of the beast.
And all who receive it will be doomed! Whatever you do, do not take it when that day comes.

What's the difference between God and Bono?
God doesn't wander around Dublin thinking he's Bono.

Happy upcoming Saint Patrick's Day.

EDIT: just for fun.. this is a finnish cartoon:

10032014.gif

1) Introducing new character: The Nazi Pig
2) I hate mondays
3) And jews

Last edited:
misterT, it must be a Finnish thing, the natsisika just does not seem funny to me.
I do not take a view such as "nazi things cannot possibly be funny, it is just offensive", it is just that to me the pig is just making bland statements which are fairly obvious.

So to try and get a better understanding I went looking for cartoons in the same series and found something else by Fingerpori and just about fell off my chair laughing...

Finnish Cartoon.JPG

No words are needed, obvious in any language!

JimB

rc3po, you seem to be arguing with everyone whether they agree with you or not. You are also treading in areas that do not involve the physical world, and you're beginning to come across as a troll. I'm not saying you're wrong, everyone is still welcome to their beliefs. But I don't think there's much left to be said in this thread, especially if you can't keep things focused on science rather than just religion. Please keep it civilized.

It has been my experience that words, for all their power, inevitably fall short when used to define certain concepts.

Science, on the one hand, does an exemplary job of using words to define the physical world: two plus two equals four - a succinct proof of a concept. If someone wishes to argue the point they are generally considered a fool because the physical evidence (two stones added to two stones gives one four stones) fully supports the concept. One cannot add a word (or stone) and make it more true and removing a word (or stone) simply makes it untrue or nonesense

Religion (or faith), on the other hand, has a long and sad history of falling short of replicating the exactness of science for defining the concept of faith because the physical evidence is lacking. There are only words.

As such, the explication of one's faith is, ultimately, impossible. And, as is human, an attempt at defining faith is often reduced to defining a particular word's "real" meaning and the subsequent loss of the original point of the concept: seeking answers to questions that despite the lack of physical evidence still, for many, beg answers.

rc3po said:
You seem like an intelligent and rational person.
Soon the talk will be over. The "mark of the beast" was prophesied 2000 years ago. When that days comes will atheists dismiss that also? - normalcy bias?
That day is going to be a rude awakening for most people - and they are already putting chips in animals and I read that some military people are getting them also. When that day comes that we have to have the mark to "buy & sell" then that is the mark of the beast.
And all who receive it will be doomed! Whatever you do, do not take it when that day comes.

Look!! It all comes down to whether you are a good person or not! I believe I am for the most part, When the day of reckoning arrives... There will be one of two things happen...

1) I'm dead! endoff... I had no expectations whatsoever, so nothing!!
2) I'm dead and there is a god... I have been mostly good to my fellow man.... Bonus!!!

I hear there is a "sitting" every now and then... Several hundred "sheep" go to the top of a mountain because the end is nigh.... Several hours later they always trundle back down wondering why they mis-read the prophecy..

It'll continue....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back