Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Biblical evidence of The Big Bang Theory

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have learned to stay out of these sorts of threads due to the fact that it can be drawn into banned territory very easily and quickly. The thing about religion- or politics-based threads is that they MUST have a firm foundation in the physical world. It also must remain polite and tolerant of other peoples' beliefs. That doesn't mean you have to accept them as your own, just that you shouldn't put anyone down for their opinions. Any insults or flaming and the thread will probably be closed very quickly.

As long as those rules (as stated in the forum rules) are followed, I see no problem with this thread.

Anyway, I too identify myself as a Christian and have considered your initial point myself. Furthermore, I recently came across the "hydroplate theory" which has a scientific explanation for Noah's flood (which is found in many religions under different names) and provides explanation for certain fossils and a variety of other things that were previously assumed to disprove biblical claims.

Whether you believe it or not, it's still a fascinating idea, provided you keep an open mind.

Regards,
Matt

Duke Henry: I am Henry the Red, Duke of Shale, Lord of the Northland and leader of its peoples.
Ash: Well, hello, Mister Fancypants. Well, I've got news for you, pal, you ain't leadin' but two things right now: Jack and ****... and Jack left town.

I just saw that movie for the first time in about 10 years the other day :D

ronv said:
... How do you see creationism?

In so far as its relationship to the Big Bang Theory, to me it is the only satisfying explanation. Science will try to explain it but, not unlike trying to get to a wall by only traversing 1/2 the distance to it per effort, no matter how many efforts are made it will never be reached.

Hmm.. does big bang theory contradict the bible? Is evolution against what bible says?

Hmm.. does big bang theory contradict the bible? Is evolution against what bible says?

Evolution yes. Big bang, not necessarily. The OP is saying that what we know as "The Big Bang" may have been the moment at which the/a god created the universe -- suddenly all these elements came into existence at once.

So.. Adam and Eve are not the only people God created?

They were the first, but in order for that to be true one of their sons must have either reproduced with a sister or their mother. I'm not sure if they were said to have any sisters or not. Either way, everyone on earth today would be descended from inbred ancestors.

They were the first, but in order for that to be true one of their sons must have either reproduced with a sister or their mother. I'm not sure if they were said to have any sisters or not. Either way, everyone on earth today would be descended from inbred ancestors.

If that is true, then I would say that white, black, asian etc.. people are evidence of evolution. How else would there be so many different kind of people?

If that is true, then I would say that white, black, asian etc.. people are evidence of evolution. How else would there be so many different kind of people?

I imagine it wouldn't require evolution in the traditional sense, perhaps just adaptation to environments. There is nothing in the bible that would disagree with adaptation, perhaps it even supports it (I have not read it in quite a while :p )

perhaps just adaptation to environments.

I think that is pretty much the definition of traditional evolution.
But, I'm not saying that evolution is against bible.. it is not. I do not know why religious people are against the idea that living organisms.. created by God or not.. evolve.. improve.. maybe that is what God intended.. or maybe we (humans) are winners in a very cruel battle for survival that big bang started.

I think that is pretty much the definition of traditional evolution.
But, I'm not saying that evolution is against bible.. it is not. I do not know why religious people are against the idea that living organisms.. created by God or not.. evolve.. improve.. maybe that is what God intended.. or maybe we (humans) are winners in a very cruel battle for survival that big bang started.

When I say "Evolution" I am referring to the process that is assumed to have taken place over hundreds of thousands or millions of years. When I say "adaptation" I am referring to a generally shorter adaptation that may have taken place over only a few thousand years.

And I always thought a short-term evolution may have taken place that would agree with the bible, but I don't necessarily believe we evolved from monkey/ape/chimpanzee-like creatures, or their predecessors, as Darwin suggested, as that would go against the bible's description of how man (and woman) came to be.

Of course this is unprovable, and I have accepted that. I would not argue it to the death, I leave people to their own beliefs.

I leave people to their own beliefs.
Me too. It is fun to debate, but I respect everybody's believes.. as long as they do not harm me or people I care.. and I care..

Bible makes a really good topic for debate because there is no truth.

Well, there is a truth, we'll just never know or be able to prove what it is.

Well, there is a truth, we'll just never know or be able to prove what it is.

That is a problem we all share. I just hate the mentality: "It is your job to prove that 'this and that' does not exist, if you can't do that, then 'this and that' does exist".
I'm not saying that any of you have that attitude, but some people do.

That is a problem we all share. I just hate the mentality: "It is your job to prove that 'this and that' does not exist, if you can't do that, then 'this and that' does exist".
I'm not saying that any of you have that attitude, but some people do.

I agree completely. I try not to have that attitude myself, but it seems to be human nature for people to feel that way.

Hans+Landa.jpg

Yes, Hans Landa will be able to sort out this mystery! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back