Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Biblical evidence of The Big Bang Theory

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a distinction between scientific method and religion.

Science operates on proofs and evedences. Only things that are proven matter. Believs don't matter. Ohm's law is thrue wether you believe it or not.

Religion operates on faith and believs. Proofs and evidences don't matter. It's bad to kill another man. There's no proof for that. But we don't need any proof to believe that.

Applying scietific method to religious problems is about as silly as it would be applying religious methods to studying physics.

It's nearly that time of year again (easter), when the pope prays for world peace and other such noble things and once again god will completely ignore him. I conclude that god is either deaf, non existent or doesn't give a fig.

Mike.

Yes, Hans Landa will be able to sort out this mystery! :eek:

In the movie Hans Landa had the power to end an ugly war.. That was the symbolism I was after.

Last edited:
To the Ineffable All,

I believe that if you make a statement about something, then you should be able and willing to prove it. I aver that biological evolution is a pseudoscientific theory that makes no sense, and needs no reference to Scripture to show it is wrong. It is scientifically implausible and ridiculous. The idea that life can arise from nonliving matter (abiogenenis) belongs in the same category that barnacle geese come from barnacles, a belief that lots of people at one time thought happened. Nevertheless, a lot of otherwise smart folks who should know better believe in abiogenesis and biological evolution.

Ratch

It's nearly that time of year again (easter), when the pope prays for world peace and other such noble things and once again god will completely ignore him. I conclude that god is either deaf, non existent or doesn't give a fig.

Mike.

Just because nothing appears to happen doesn't necessarily prove that God is deaf, nonexistent, or uncaring. If I asked you for a million dollars, there is a possibility that you wouldn't give it to me (more likely a high probability that you wouldn't :p ). That's something I have seen in religious and non-religious people alike--they think that just because their prayers don't come true, that they are unanswered. Sometimes they could be answered, it just happens to be a "no" or "not yet".

This is what they taught me in sunday school when I was ten years old, anyway ;)

To the Ineffable All,

I believe that if you make a statement about something, then you should be able and willing to prove it. I aver that biological evolution is a pseudoscientific theory that makes no sense, and needs no reference to Scripture to show it is wrong. It is scientifically implausible and ridiculous. The idea that life can arise from nonliving matter (abiogenenis) belongs in the same category that barnacle geese come from barnacles, a belief that lots of people at one time thought happened. Nevertheless, a lot of otherwise smart folks who should know better believe in abiogenesis and biological evolution.

Ratch

I agree. I often try to look at things from a non-religious perspective, and scientific explanations (Evolution, the Big Bang without intelligent design, etc) without religious backgrounds make no sense to me. If you look at how complex and perfectly-designed the human body is, along with how the earth and universe works, it seems like the chances of things happening so perfectly without intelligent design are actually smaller than the chances of the existence some sort of creator. Of course this is just my opinion, but hopefully you can see my point.

Why many people think that everything humans do is unnatural.. "We are not animals, we are responsible to keep the world running. Everything we do and create is unnatural." Did God create the earth for humans? Is all we do driven by the devil or the God?
I say: No matter what we do, the Earth will survive.. humans will go extinct before life on earth ends.

Why many people think that everything humans do is unnatural.. "We are not animals, we are responsible to keep the world running. Everything we do and create is unnatural." Did God create the earth for humans? Is all we do driven by the devil or the God?
I say: No matter what we do, the Earth will survive.. humans will go extinct before life on earth ends.

According to biblical passages, yes--the earth was created for humans (well, partially anyway). As for all we do being driven by the devil or a god, no--it is said that we have free will. Yes, it is also said that the god knows what people are going to do, but he lets them do it anyway, whether it be good or bad. As for the human race going extinct before the earth ends, I don't believe that personally (but this is based on scriptures). This is another thing we will never be able to prove in our lifetime, so I respect your view.

Mike.

I believe that two of the most impotent factors on this Earth are hope and prayer.

Ratch

The problem with being an atheist is that you cannot explain the event of the creation.

Ratch
Problem with being atheist is religious people.. and the fact that some religious people think that atheism is a religion.

Problem with being atheist is religious people.. and the fact that some religious people think that atheism is a religion.

Some people have a very loose interpretation of what "religion" is, and those are the people who consider atheism to be a religion.

The great thing about being an atheist is, I don't need to.

Mike.

Everyone has that choice, not just atheists. However, to settle any self-doubts, you should have a alternate plausible explanation of creation. What is it, if I may ask?

Ratch

And here all this time I thought it was not being able to explain what caused the creation.

Ratch

Some people have a very loose interpretation of what "religion" is, and those are the people who consider atheism to be a religion.

Not me. I consider religion to be rules, doctrine, and methods for worshipping a deity.

Ratch

Last edited:
Not me. I consider religion to be rules, doctrine, and methods for worshipping a deity.

Ratch
Ratchit.. I know you have very strong opinions and beliefs. Should I thank you for them, or ask you to keep them to yourself.. I like a good debate, but when you get involved the thread takes a turn to something unpleasant.
Too pedantic and no humor makes a thread a dull boy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back