Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Best thermistor for interior temperature?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a car hvac system.
The problem is sensor is not saperate it is in the dash assy inside little vents.
The probe of sensor is gone so i need to put smt.
What value should i try?
20200110_122307.jpg

Probably it uses a bead type, but the value could be anything, you need to find its value from the workshop manual for you car .
Try enquring in the car makers users forum for such info.

000080.jpg

000080.jpg

There are a wide range of thermistor values, which are produced when at 25 deg C.

As you can see my cars thermistor is probably a 2k2 one , but yours could be different, so you might have to try several thermistor values to find the right one, though you might find using a 50k multiturn pot a quicker way to find the right value for the themistor...

000081.jpg

After measurments actual cabin temp is 2 degrees lower then set temp.
It is stable at all degrees like 22 is 20 and 26 is 24 in cabin.

Maybe i will try with a 10% more value to see if it will be better.
Personally would not bother as: -
1. many thermometers, even digital ones can be +-1c out, just compare several together.
2. depends where in the cabin / air vent you measure the temp ?

Do not forget the NTC means Negative, so the higher the temp the lower its resistance.

If the next value NTC gives a swing too high the other way, you could try adding a 1k trimmer pot in series with the NTC, which might allow you to balance it better, but seems a lot of messy work for such a small difference.

Personally would not bother as: -
1. many thermometers, even digital ones can be +-1c out, just compare several together.
2. depends where in the cabin / air vent you measure the temp ?

Do not forget the NTC means Negative, so the higher the temp the lower its resistance.

If the next value NTC gives a swing too high the other way, you could try adding a 1k trimmer pot in series with the NTC, which might allow you to balance it better, but seems a lot of messy work for such a small difference.
You are right. It works fine. One side of me was actually just like your thoughts and the other was go play some more. I think this is ok. Thanks for nice answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back