Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Best PIC Progammer for the PIC18Fxxxx series

Status
Not open for further replies.
ahh then something is really wrong on my end of things. I have tried to programm both the 12f629 and the 16F876A, it fails on verify at the first adress and comes back with the value 0000(h)
Do i need to connect the vdd (not from ICD2) to mclr or something like that?

VDD is generally a 5V supply, yes you need to provide a stable 5V supply to the VDD pin on the PIC.
If you plan on working with PICs you should consider a decent programmer, they're pretty cheap these days. You'll need a HVP programmer for your 12F629 anyway.

Yeh im going to buile a ICD2 clone (stolz schematic and adding header for USB to be abel to expand later on) but i need to programm my 16f876A. I have found the correct bootlader for it (Microchip dont have it in MPLAB, as far as i know). So problem beeing flash the bootlaoder inn to make the clone. Any ide to help me :)

I've got the bare Original Inchworm PCBs on sale on my site, it's based on the Stolz design. Cheap too.

What OS are you using? XP, Vista? DOS?

Im using vista and XP on an other machine. wich PIC have you made the PCB for (as i have the 16F876A )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back