Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Best electrician gloves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmmaSim

Hey Guys! Im newbie. How you think what the best electrician voltage protection gloves for working? PS I'm allergic on latex.

I've never seen (or heard of) an electrician wearing gloves? - certainly I never do when doing any mains wiring - gloves would reduce your manual dexterity drastically.

The fact is that static electricity does not bother me. it's all about the specifics of the assembly...we work with devices without grounding

We assemble inverters for solar panels. and they are plugged in... So okay. thanx you all for advice.

Many different kinds of gloves are available, look here:

JimB

We assemble inverters for solar panels. and they are plugged in... So okay. thanx you all for advice.

If such are required, then presumably your employer would provide them? - but I'm dubious about any possible safety benefits of such gloves.

I presume this is your own personal idea?, and no one else wears them?.

As already suggested, if you're allergic to latex then nitrile gloves are commonly available.

High voltage gloves are required by the US Occupation Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and glove testing, labeling, washing, etc all are specified.

Check ASTM D120 & ANSI F496

Various glove testing service companies exist in the US. Also, you can buy a glove dielectric testing equipment if it is not practice to send gloves to a third party. The high voltage gloves here are usually a leather glove inside of a black rubber glove and sold as a set.

I wear latex gloves all the time as I get dermatitis.
They dont give much protection from electrocution though, and no use if your allergic.
Most countries require you to have a licence and a permit to work live.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm what is that meat in a square can - the pink stuff that tasted nice in batter ?

Could you help me find the best high protein spread for bread? Oh, never mind, I found one, look for this one **broken link removed**

Last edited by a moderator:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back