Best electrician gloves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmmaSim

Hey Guys! Im newbie. How you think what the best electrician voltage protection gloves for working? PS I'm allergic on latex.

I've never seen (or heard of) an electrician wearing gloves? - certainly I never do when doing any mains wiring - gloves would reduce your manual dexterity drastically.

Latex gloves.. But even they get on my nerves... I'm lucky. I have never destroyed electronic parts with static.. I use a rubber mat to work on and that's it.

I need for handling small electronic and electrical components.

Why? - assuming you're worried about static, anti-static precautions don't require gloves - and I don't see as they would provide any level of protection anyway.

The fact is that static electricity does not bother me. it's all about the specifics of the assembly...we work with devices without grounding

So either Latex gloves or the cotton ones they use for cleaning..

We assemble inverters for solar panels. and they are plugged in... So okay. thanx you all for advice.

We assemble inverters for solar panels. and they are plugged in... So okay. thanx you all for advice.

If such are required, then presumably your employer would provide them? - but I'm dubious about any possible safety benefits of such gloves.

I presume this is your own personal idea?, and no one else wears them?.

As already suggested, if you're allergic to latex then nitrile gloves are commonly available.

High voltage gloves are required by the US Occupation Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and glove testing, labeling, washing, etc all are specified.

Check ASTM D120 & ANSI F496

Various glove testing service companies exist in the US. Also, you can buy a glove dielectric testing equipment if it is not practice to send gloves to a third party. The high voltage gloves here are usually a leather glove inside of a black rubber glove and sold as a set.

I wear latex gloves all the time as I get dermatitis.
They dont give much protection from electrocution though, and no use if your allergic.
Most countries require you to have a licence and a permit to work live.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…