Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Best battery for carbon arc lamp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've recently built a mini carbon arc lamp and small driver circuit for my bike. (I know about LEDs, its a "for fun" project)
It draws around 1.6 -1.7 amps at 6 volts. Any ideas on which type of battery to use?
Thanks in advance -Ray

Depends upon how long you want the lamp to stay lit and do you want it rechargeable.

I'd suggest you look at battery packs for RC cars and planes, they are readily available and have high-discharge rated cells.

eg.

You will also need a matching or universal "balance charger" as packs like that do not have internal balance circuitry.
Something similar to this:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back