Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

belt drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

sakkas

hi i am actually planning a belt driven robot, which can move in al kinds of terrain.i actually designed the electronic part for the bot so that it can get awareness of the ambience in which it is moving, i included a camera, temperature sensor, basic metal detector, a pyroelectric sensor, and few more sensors. and so i have planned to choose belt driven system. can any one give me an overview of different considerations to be taken into account.

and actually i am facing some problem while trying to make it climb steps. can any one give me an idea of better design which helps me achieve

to be frank i'm not good at mechanical design, so looking for idea and reasons

Last edited:
i do not think , your belt dirve would climb stairs, provided your stairs are low or your bot has considerable height. i am new and i am also working onthe same belt drive in my bot. i think go to lego nxt site and see few pictures, it would give you some idea.

Google Stair climbing robot. You will find more links and ideas than you know what to do with... Sometimes it's better to look for yourself then ask basic questions in a forum. In fact just about all the time =)

i think in that case the length of the robot should be a bit bigger than the slant height of the stairs....so that it climbs along the slant...n tht wud make the robot really large in case of long stairs...

It only has to be twice as long as the distance between the largest gap between the tip of two steps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back