Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Being a rich kid and your family won't allow you to fail...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too true.

I have huge issues with people that have inherited money behind them and need to keep up the front of being successful in their own right.

These people are fond of using the word I, as in I decided to develop this PCB to increase our sales. This fool will never say it in front of me or give anyone credit for actually designing the board and hauling his useless ass out of the crap. He talks about this only in front of people he needs to continue impressing/impress:mad:. I don't even work for him....did it as a favour and found out via the grapevine:mad:

And suggested it in the first place. And got it to factory level production.

I have helped a spoilt brat look good.....again.

I have decided...he can take his arrogance and stuff it where the sun don't shine.
I am over making others look good.....at my expense.

He will be busted sooner or later. And be exposed for the clueless chancer he is.

Cheers,
TV Tech

Hi tvtech,

I bet you're taking the words off the lips of many members here who work hard for living.

Have you ever heard that troops have won a battle? Certainly not - it was their commanding general who has won it. To make it taste good some of the troopers are honoured with cheap medals (trumpet brass) while the general obtains a medal made of sterling silver or even gold.

It was General field marshal Rommel (known as "desert fox") who earned the gold while leaving behind 275,000 troopers to surrender to the Allies during WWII. :mad:

As a combat pilot you are responsible for your plane and yourself the moment the airplane lifts off the ground.

I guess I was a brave and good soldier during the cold war flying unarmed, unescourted and unafraid over the Baltic Sea looking out for Warshaw Pact vessels.

On that occasion I have discovered that even an unarmed airplane can be turned into a devastating weapon if you use it right. (Hint: supersonic flight)

My wing commander did give me all the earned credits for almost having sunk a russian mine sweeper (converted to a spy ship) + three days of special leave.

Take it easy and establish your own company.

Kind regards

Hans

Last edited:
On that occasion I have discovered that even an unarmed airplane can be turned into a devastating weapon if you use it right. (Hint: supersonic flight)

Oh, that sounds like a good story. Something with a supersonic shockwave and low-altitude flying over the sea?

lol, very funny.. that is too mean. Even if he is spoiled, doesn't mean its right to do it.

I would say, make enough money, get a loan and start your own business :)

Are you one of those spoiled rich kids? :D:D:D

(just kidding :p)

Seriously though, I've dealt with this sort of spoiled rich brat before, so I can understand you guys' points exactly. There is no room for that kind of person in this world. Nothing good ever comes of spoiling your kids rotten!

Last edited:
Hi guys. Thank you Hans. You understand.

It's just that this needed to brought out into the open. It is truly maddening when clueless people abuse good people for their own gain.

Not fair and a no go.

Fine if said clueless person/s at least acknowledge's the designers input. Normally, they won't. They claim everything for themselves.

Useless people hide behind this. And feather their own nests.

Oh well, Cheers guys,
TV Tech

Last edited:
Ever have one of them give you his brilliant idea to work on "in your spare time" - ? This has happened to me so often I've lost count. The deal is always "You design it, build the prototype, write the code, make the circuit boards, help me get it into production... and I'll share some of the money with you!"

And these ideas invariably fall into two categories:
1. Incredibly stupid
2. Already been done

The arrogant jerks don't even bother to see if there's one already on the market, secure in the certain knowledge that they're so brilliant nobody else could have thought of it.

Or they expect to get fifty watts out of a hearing-aid battery (but only for a month!), expect a hydrogen generator to give them free energy (just uses water!), requires anti-gravity (it was in a movie with Doris Day! Doris wouldn't lie) or otherwise violates the laws of physics. And when you tell them it isn't possible, you get this disdainful thing, like, "Oh, so you can't figure it out, huh?" Maybe they think they're cleverly goading me into doing something, but all they're really showing me is that, even after I patiently explained it and provided links to spec sheets (and tutorials on basic physics) they still don't have a clue.

Last edited:
Hi Duffy

A lot of us sit here and wonder about how we have been used in one way or another by clueless individuals/companies/organisations.

I requested this thread closed way back when I ranted in the first place. Apparently though, a lot of us carry a heavy heart with our experiences of giving our best and getting burnt in this industry.

Maybe, this is what we all needed. A little thread to talk about our experiences and cleanse ourselves. And help each other.

Newbies won't bother reading this thread......it's for us old buggers :)

Kind Regards,
TV Tech

Last edited:
Yes, I'm glad the thread wasn't closed, I guess I do need a little rant... OR PERHAPS TO FOMENT REVOLUTION!!! WHO'S WITH ME???
(grabs torch, heads for castle)

With ya, dude.

Pass the ammo...

No, wait, gotta take a leak. Might be a minute.

Story of my life, I guess. Started in grade school. I picke dout and helped someone with a science project. They one a prize, but I got the grand prize. I think I remember helping again in a regional science fair. I remember winning somethig, but I forget what. I think the person I helped won something too, not sure.

Yea, work was the biggest problem. Being taken advantage of and someone else reaped the rewards or being told it wouldn't work until it was someone else's idea.

At least when the lab blew up, my safety system prevented a catastrophe. It was the failure of a cylinder pressure gauge and a safety component. In the redesign, the safety device was removed and replaced by an orifice and the downstream parts were rated for cylinder pressure and not 30 PSI. It should have only seen vacuum. The cylinder safety devices became electric pilot - pneumatic and I upgraded the hood velocity detectors to ones with readouts. Management had purchased a Hydrogen detector, but it was sitting in a box. Guess which gas it was?

With these and other stories, I'm too the point I cannot trust ANYBODY from a CEO of a business to Law Enforcement. The higher up, the less they can be trusted, because of how they got that way.

Last edited:
I have huge issues with people that have inherited money behind them and need to keep up the front of being successful in their own right.

On that I absolutely agree, I have known people who came from families with big money and got many unfair breaks in many arenas, from incidents with the law through to business deals.

Like somebody who is running a technical repair business and has not a clue how to fix ANYTHING. Just guessing and misleading and trying anything.... I am so over this nonsense.

I am sooo tired of teaching resistor colour codes and others OVER and OVER and OVER again to the same person. They never write anything down. Always just come and ask the same question again. Amongst other things. Not interested in learning anything. Easier just to ask me for the answer everytime.....if the business fails, his Momma will simply bail him out. She and her partner have loads of money.

But here we have a difference of opinion. If your are employed you are in a master/servant relationship (both in the eyes of the law and in economics), with you in the role of the servant.

It sounds like you are complaining about being in the role of a servant (which is not uncommon amongst servants). As a servant you are expected to carry out the wishes of your master and in turn you are paid. This relationship was from your choice, so if your master is an idiot (also a common situation) you are perfectly entitled to find another master or to start your own deal and become the master.

At which point you will employ servants, and then your complaint will be about how your servants are all idiots. :D

Last edited:
As I read this thread I sense resentment from the havenots towards the haves. Sure, they may have been given a leg up in this world, and sure we wish it were us, but it is not, so what are we gonna do about it.

Do you really think the wealth will bring happiness? Ask Whitney Houston, or Michael Jackson just to name two. They had everything, yet they allowed sadness and addiction to end their life. So it seems simple, money is not the answer to happiness.

Resentment breeds anger, and with anger comes contempt, with contempt broods an angry soul that harbors ill feelings. All I have mentioned sours the heart and removes us from what we truly should be seeking in order to find happiness. Friendship, love, and fulfillment. Seek to improve what you can do to fulfill other lives, and in doing so you will find inner peace, and the contemplation of the spoiled one will fade away from your thinking.

Do not resent the spoiled one, pity them, and perhaps if so inclined, share a bit of kindness, they may need it. :)

To TVTECH.

Just thank yourself that you have the ability to absorb electronics.

The rich person you are trying to teach would love to have the ability to absorb, remember and understand as much as you.

I have taught lots of people and you can never pick those that understand from those who don't.
You are just lucky to have "it."
In most cases you only get a score of 4 out of 10 (in life). If you have money, you may not be blessed with learning skills.

To extend from Mikebits above: If you have a hobby and keep totally absorbed, you don't have time to feel lonely, unwanted and rejected. Idle time is the worst enemy.

I am at the moment trying to teach Indian University Professors the basics of circuit design.
They have been taught almost NOTHING about design and they are imparting this lack of understanding to their pupils.
On the other hand, I have found Chinese designers to have an incredible understanding.

Understanding electronics is an innate skill and many of the posters to this forum have this.
That’s why I steer my readers to this forum. Almost everything is covered and answered.

If I understand 0.001% of electronics I would be kidding myself. Tha't how big electronics is.

Last edited:
As I read this thread I sense resentment from the havenots towards the haves. Sure, they may have been given a leg up in this world, and sure we wish it were us, but it is not, so what are we gonna do about it.

Do you really think the wealth will bring happiness? Ask Whitney Houston, or Michael Jackson just to name two. They had everything, yet they allowed sadness and addiction to end their life. So it seems simple, money is not the answer to happiness.

Resentment breeds anger, and with anger comes contempt, with contempt broods an angry soul that harbors ill feelings. All I have mentioned sours the heart and removes us from what we truly should be seeking in order to find happiness. Friendship, love, and fulfillment. Seek to improve what you can do to fulfill other lives, and in doing so you will find inner peace, and the contemplation of the spoiled one will fade away from your thinking.

Do not resent the spoiled one, pity them, and perhaps if so inclined, share a bit of kindness, they may need it. :)

Hi Mikebits,

OK, just leave your input unchanged.

I solved all those problems my way.

Here is another story of success:

Foam handling facturies went up in flames overnight in masses a few 30 years ago in Germany. The reason was compressing shredded foam snippets in a huge cylindric reservoir with a stirring wheel at the bottom to fill plastic sacks with that material (used for cheap pillow production)

The longer the foam snippets rest in that reservoir the higher the pressure the foam gets by being compressed by own weight.

Filling plastic sacks with a little "itsy bitsy" portion out of the reservoir heats the stirring wheel located at the bottom, to an extend which leads to self ignition over night. When foam melts it flows all over the production site even underneath doors and sets the entire place on fire with the fire fighters being unable to enter any room because of the dense and poisonous smoke (zero meters visibility).

I was asked to construct a device to avoid more fires and thought about it for about a week. After that I was ready to build the first prototype where the foam snippets are blown via pipes through a cyclone on top narrowing towards the sacker.

The device worked properly for about 10 minutes and then didn't leave any shredded part out of the sacking hole. The reason was static electrical charge due to the high speed when being shot through the pipe.

The entire devise had a height of 12 m with several segments in the iron tower. So I just used 24mm!2 cables to connect the segments together electrically and to earth from the first segment on ground .

The static charge voltage decreased from ~45mV to 15mV still clogging up the trapezoidal part of the sacking device.

I then used four air operated water spray nozzles (similar to a carburettor with a Venturi nozzle). The result was phantastic with almost dry foam snippets in the sacks being pressed by air operated cylinders with 1.25m stroke to get 20kg of foam into a plastic sack of 1.5m height and 1m diameter.

The device worked for several hours without any malfunction.

Now here is the point: The leading engineer of the company invited me and my assistants for lunch and after a while he said: "Yes, it really pays to think about technical problems." - - - Pause - - - , then

"It really pays to have other peple think."

Besides normal payment I received an extra cheque worth DM 10,000 from the company.

Do you really think the wealth will bring happiness?

Yes and here is why. If you are rich and it makes you miserable you can give it away. However if you are poor and miserable no one else wants it either. :p

Given the logical choice you are better off to take form of misery that can be given away and help others over the one of which no one else wants, needs or can use.

Another view is money itself may not make people happy but it buys a lot of very pleasant ways to distract you from your misery. Being poor doesn't get you squat other than more misery. :(

I have been poor all of my life up until recently and I can assure you that having money does make life a whole lot easier and far more enjoyable, when used properly, with which I would dare say it does have the capacity to basis to bring about happiness! :D

Last edited:
Yes and here is why. If you are rich and it makes you miserable you can give it away. However if you are poor and miserable no one else wants it either. :p

Given the logical choice you are better off to take form of misery that can be given away and help others over the one of which no one else wants, needs or can use.

Another view is money itself may not make people happy but it buys a lot of very pleasant ways to distract you from your misery. Being poor doesn't get you squat other than more misery. :(

I have been poor all of my life up until recently and I can assure you that having money does make life a whole lot easier and far more enjoyable, when used properly, with which I would dare say it does have the capacity to basis to bring about happiness! :D

A very interesting take on it, tcmtech. But you bring up what is probably the most important matter of all--Responsibility. There are those who are responsible, who don't waste their money on fancy cars and homes, or eating out every night, or other unnecessary things. There are those who live in a simple $90k home and drive a Jetta, yet they are actually very well-off. Those people find that their money lasts longer and can be put into things they really need, and they can live comfortably. Those who are irresponsible waste their money on extras and find it runs out, in some cases, in less than a month. (Obviously, I'm referring to many Lottery winners I have heard about on the news in the past). Money does not make happiness. Responsible use of the money can. IMO it is not directly related to the money alone, but to living comfortably through spending money responsibly.

Yes and here is why. If you are rich and it makes you miserable you can give it away.

AGREED!

This is the thing that always blows big holes in that argument. Money REALLY not making you happy? THEN GIVE IT AWAY.

Otherwise STFU, I'm sick of listening to rich whiners.

Hi all

I have nothing against rich people that made their own money by sheer sacrifice and hard work. I in fact aspire to these people.

What I have issues with are rich kids being given all on a silver platter......and then knowing buggerall about anything......try and pretend and impress all they come into contact with (besides staff or folks actually making them look good) that they know it all.

Money inherited combined with technical cluelessness is a bad mixture. Especially if the company relies on Technical understanding of stuff to ensure it's survival.

Never mind. The situation I am in I created myself.....@ the age of 48 years. Should of known better.

Never ever again will I try to educate or help those who are uneducatable. Or help rich kids get richer. It has got me nowhere :confused:

Crash and burn.

Over and out
TV Tech

Never ever again will I try to educate or help those who are uneducatable. Or help rich kids get richer. It has got me nowhere :confused:

I don't want to sound unsympathetic to your turmoil but did you REALLY get a job with your current boss because you wanted to "help a rich kid get richer"?

Maybe it was because you needed money and needed job and he was prepared to hire you and give you those two things?

I've been an employee and an employer and I empathise with both sides. But there's a saying in business "why buy a dog and have to bark yourself?". In other words if your boss employed someone with your tech skills why does he need to learn the same skills you have? He employs YOU to provide those skills in his business.

And as for the credit for things, the boss's job is to make decisions, for him and for you. Your job as an employee is to do the work as given to you by your boss (ie to do what you are told). The boss's job is to bring products to market using all HIS resources (and that includes your skill) and the success is his for bringing it together.

To me it just sounds like you are not happy being in the servant end of the relationship, and you want to be the one that makes the decisions and gets the credit for the overall success. Well as myself and others have sad then YOU need to be the boss, so leave your "spoilt rich kid" boss behind and stand on your own feet. And quit whining about the guy who pays your wage and pays your bills.

Hi,
Like Roman, I have been an employee and employer, so I am in 100% agreement with his comments.

You are hired to make the company a 'profit' for which you get a monthly pay check, if that means doing tasks your employer cannot do himself, thats probably why he hired you on the first place.

Its your employer who is taking the major risks and has the most to loose if the business should fail.

E.

My brother was the network administrator for Sun-International (South Africa).

One day a young spoilt brat walk in with his Armani suit and expensive wrist watch for an interview. (Daddy paid for him to get all the Microsoft certified courses done, MCSE etc.)

My brother searched in his office drawer and found an old 1.4MB stiffy disk. He gave it to the him and said “Format it with DOS”.

The lad said “Huhh??”

My brother said, “There’s the door, F-off”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back