Beginner Enthusiast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jubbsta

Hey! I’m brand new here and looking to get into electronics at a hobbyist level. Don’t ask me specifically what I’d like to learn more about because truth is, I don’t even know enough to answer that. A bit of back ground, I work as a full service repair technician fixing automobiles at a dealership, all of my knowledge is oriented around 5/12V circuits as well as a BASIC understanding of how sensors work in automobiles (negative temp coefficient, potentiometer, etc) work. I’d like to set up a lab at home - with that being said what do you guys recommend i start with? I currently own pretty much all hand and power tools, as well as a Fluke 117 with various leads, I do own helping hands and soldering irons though they’re the low wattage type. I figured i’ll need a good soldering station set up, as well as a power supply and oscilloscope (oscilloscope i’d love to learn to use for my job as well!). Is there anything else you recommend i purchase? And will my fluke 117 be sufficient? What electronic component kits do you recommend i purchase to start?
Thanks!!

Last edited:
If you want to learn more about basic electronics, read some tutorials, such as found here.
Thank you i’ll be sure to check those out!
Edit: Wow. I was just poking around that link, seems like an incredibly vast wealth of information - I didn’t realize such extensive resources even existed for free; maybe I should spend more time on the internet
Thank you! I’ve been fortunate to not have any severe symptoms, my mother is in stage 3 heart failure and they did find some genes linked to cardiomyopathy during genetic testing - so hopefully being that they caught it young in me there will be plenty of time to reverse or at least maintain the function i have. Those stickers are not fun, the ones they use for the fast ECG’s aren’t horrible but the ones they use while monitoring for longer periods are awful - especially if it’s a 7 day+ monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…