Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

BeBe shows how to pushbutton extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been told I have a strong Vermont accent. I've got a couple vids out in the internet, you can see for yourself. I've been told my voice sounds weird in those videos, but that's just because of a cr@ppy mic :p

Anyway, thanks for the link. I might just need this at some point....

All us here yanks have an accent LOL

I've been told I have a strong Vermont accent. I've got a couple vids out in the internet, you can see for yourself. I've been told my voice sounds weird in those videos, but that's just because of a cr@ppy mic :p

I bet I'll probably sound weird to you guy's...... Here I sound "Northern" but It'll be "Brit" to our American cousins...;););)

Something of an accent. Your "out" has a canadian twang. What I remember of Vermont-ese was "aye-up" for yes (upstate, Craftsbury Common farmer talk).

Something of an accent. Your "out" has a canadian twang. What I remember of Vermont-ese was "aye-up" for yes (upstate, Craftsbury Common farmer talk).

Some words I just can't pronounce very well (anything starting in 'ou' for example ;)). I say "ayup", "yup", and "hiya" frequently in normal conversation. I'm thinking of starting a youtube series "introduction to logic circuits and digital systems" (it's been a hobby of mine for some time, and I recently had some students come up to me for tutoring assistance). If that happens, you'll see what I mean :D

That is a great solution that can be modified for other push-button switches types. One of my pet peeves is that a lot of guys design a great circuit that does some great stuff and then their circuit board is laid out like a rat's nest and the final product in its case is laid out in a non-sensical way and everything is labeled with a Sharpie. To me, the final look of a product is as important as the original design, especially if you want to publish your work in a magazine on on the Web. Gives you a lot more credibility.

I guess?? DIY is still down??
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forum/viewtopic.php on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.23 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.23 OpenSSL/1.0.0-fips DAV/2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 Server at digital-diy.com Port 80

Hope they get it resolved. I heard about a storm in Seattle??

Have you ever wanted to extend mini button switches
If you want to use mini push button switches with a box enclosure you have to come up with a extender to press them inside your endosure.

I was making a board that used four of them and came up with this idea I had a old remote keypad that I remove the battery holder parts to fix my amp-probe.

It dawned on me that the pad buttons would work as extensions for my button switches.
I drilled a hole bigger then them and cut 4 off the pad leaving a base that sits on the switch.

Works great here a video showing how I did this

[video=youtube_share;ITT_BVOloC0]http://youtu.be/ITT_BVOloC0[/video]

Here the whole thing its posted here https://www.electro-tech-online.com...wanted-to-extend-mini-button-switches.132116/

[MODNOTE]Deleted , Off Topic[/MODNOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[MODNOTE]Deleted, Off Topic[/MODNOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
You can do a similar thing with an led instead of a remote rubber button for an illuminated version.

I like recycling stuff like this.

I was going to post a question about this very subject - thanks for a great solution!

You can set a led under these and it will glow blue I didn't need that they just sit on top of the mini button the led white one would be beside the switch when it shines on the base it glows. The pad I have had red white and blue glowing buttons.

Last edited:
Nope, use an led the same as you used a rubber duffer, just run the leads over the sw into the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back