Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Have you ever wanted to extend mini button switches

Status
Not open for further replies.

be80be

If you want to use mini push button switches with a box enclosure you have to come up with a extender to press them inside your endosure.

I was making a board that used four of them and came up with this idea I had a old remote keypad that I remove the battery holder parts to fix my amp-probe.

It dawned on me that the pad buttons would work as extensions for my button switches.
I drilled a hole bigger then them and cut 4 off the pad leaving a base that sits on the switch.

Works great here a video showing how I did this

Last edited by a moderator:
No I didn't see that one guess Mrdeb had my back LOL I figured I would post it here It seems like a great idea to me

Slap all them mini buttons on a board but can't get outside the box I free remote and your outside a pressing.

I find old remotes every where just pop one open and reuse the pad that makes the keypad on them.

Can't find a remote goodwill has boxes of them half a buck.

I've used the mini pushbutton switches to serve in place of the bare copper traces that those rubber buttons are supposed to bridge when pressed. Eventually the bare copper traces get a film of oxidation on them and the carbon pucks secured to the bottom of the rubber buttons don't make good enough contact with the copper traces. In most cases the "gull-wing" termination, mini pushbutton switches can be soldered right to the copper traces and there is still room for the carbon pucks so that the rubber buttons function nicely.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back