Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Beard Trimmer Battery Replacement - mAh & Voltage Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to be pedantic but .. ...

I speak Canadian English

Since English as a language originated in 5th century from Anglo-Frisian and West Germanic sources but didn't travel to the Americas until 14/15th C there is no such thing as 'Canadian English'. Maybe English with a canadian accent .. ..

Just as with any country there are certain strong regional accents, and a very small number of TV shows seem to exaggerate them.

What is unintelligible is accents in American made shows, where they have some totally bizarre accent that bears not the slightest resemblance to any English one.

Your not wrong about that one Mac !! :D

Personally I come from an area that linguistically is the most neutral and closest to correct English (according to Linguistic departments at Universities)

Especially the ones in Derbyshire ! :D

Ay up me duck

What you do with your duck in the privacy of your own home is entirely .. .. .. .. :D

S

I agree, I live in Kirkby only 3 miles away from you and I have very different accent.
Only a stone's throw away.
I notice that the UK has many VERY strong and different accents. I was raised in Vancouver then I went to Toronto 3359km away and the English was the same. In Canada I think only the people in Newfoundland have an accent that is a mix of Irish, Scottish and accents from England. The Island of Newfoundland became part of Canada in 1949.

The US has a Boston accent, a Tennessee one, a Southern one and a few more. When I worked for an American company I travelled all over the US and noticed many accents. When I travelled all over Canada then most people spoke the same except in Newfoundland and the French Canadian accent (different than from France) in Quebec.

Men invented accent to enable identifying members of their gang in the dark (ages).
Gang?
I think an accent in the UK defines class. Poor low class Cockney or rich high class Royalty.

Hee, hee. Some people call me a SIR so I guess they think I am a member of Royalty.

It does have a certain ring to it, doesn't it .. ? .. ? ..

Sir Audio Guru .. .. ..KCB :)

Actually, the accent issue is far more complex than either group membership, class structure or nationality. It may be affected by all three in some ways but much more by the historical emphasis of native language, shifting colonisation and a major change known as the Great Vowel Shift which began around 1350 and continued into c.1700.
This is very complicated and I don't want to bore you to tears, but a well known example of this influence is the inability of many South East Asians to watch a Video - they usually choose to watch a Wideo ! This is because the 'V' sound does not exist in their native tongue.

S

Hee, hee. Some people call me a SIR so I guess they think I am a member of Royalty.
Out here they call us SIR when they are after our money, means you must be rich royalty and you can't refuse to pay.
I hope that one day I'll be promoted to a ME DUCK.

South East Asians to watch a Video - they usually choose to watch a Wideo ! This is because the 'V' sound does not exist in their native tongue.
Moty is common name there, my moty stands for Motherf***er Of The Year. I was given this name long ago by a colleague because I used to talk a lot about Frank Zappa.

Last edited:
I had a beard trimmer with 2 standard AA NiMH cells with tiny capacity. I replaced them with 2300 mAhr cells and it worked great. Just like before replacement, except it would run forever without recharging (weeks of use instead of barely last one use).

I had a beard trimmer with 2 standard AA NiMH cells with tiny capacity.
Hey! That is enough of that, stop taking this thread off topic....

JimB

:):)

Derbyshire has an accent? I thought they just spoke a bit funny...
Anyways, the trouble with an underpowered beard trimmer is that it pulls the beard hairs and that hurts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back