Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
I have a phone. In which If I mount the main board on the 3.7v battery, the board gets really heated up and the voltage of the battery consistently drops by 0.1v per second... and completely drains the battery... any idea on how to repair this? Pls help me.
MIght be a short-circuit somewhere. WHich is already really hard to track down where it is even when you know the circuit is. Since you don't and you don't have a thermal camera...it's pretty hopeless. Oh, and it's dangerous to discharge LiIon batteries that fast.
yeah right.,... but i brought the phone to a different country breaking the contract... Thus i void the warranty ..
I can provide more info... ion my friends phone if I put the multimeter in beep(Continuity beep) mode and then hold one needle on positve battery connector of the board and other needle in the negative connector, the muti meter reads '1' ,.... but in my defective phone.. it reads 475...
Like I said, none of this will help you track down the short-circuit. That's the problem with a short-circuit. No matter what you measure it all reads the same- you can't localize it without some knowledge of the circuit and special equipment.
hey... I found the problem.. the power management IC gets really really hot when the board is mounted... I did not get the data sheet of the Power management IC... but its from "Dialog semiconductor"...
The problem is there are 3 resistors near the power management ic.. one of the resistor, mixes ground as its output and sends it to the power management IC... and therefore IC gets heated up and drains the battery... I feel this is the problem. anyways to rectify it?
You have a brick, I'd give up at this point, unless you're a grand master at hot air reworking of SMD components you'll never fix it, aside from the power management IC you have no idea what else got fried with whatever happened.