Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Battery question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KelticKhemist

This may sound like a rookie question but I am a rookie. I thought I could get a spark by soldering copper wires to the negative and positive terminals of a 9V battery, then I tried 2 9V batteries. They wouldn't even warm up. What am I doing wrong? They were new batteries.

I used to have fun attaching the positive terminal of the batter to the negative terminal of another battery over and over until I had this giant chain of 9 volts in series. Then I got a wire and touched the two ends creating a good size spark and the sweet smell of burning insulation.

Im not sure what you mean by am I shorting them. Yea earlier today I watched a video on youtube of someone connecting 500 of them! Looked like a cool project but the 2 9V batteries I bought yesterday were $13, so that's not within my budget.

This is what I'm talking about..
1607010001828.png

I
Do you need 45 volts for a miniature Tesla coil?
If you get the resonance frequency right, You can get away with 12 volts for a slayer exciter circuit and still produce fairly good sized streamers from the top of the secondary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back