Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Battery Management System Design

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all

I am in the process of designning a battery measurement and balancing system I was thinking of using a TI BQ76930, I am following the design guidelines found on pages 4-7 (**broken link removed**). The main issue I am having with this design is identifiying the following properties I am not entirely sure if these are decided by myself or are figures that need to be calculated.
The following is the batteries I am thinking of using: **broken link removed** (For this battery pack I will be using 40 batteries, there will be 4 batteries in parallel and then 10 of these parallel batteries in series to provide 36V and 12Ah). The properites I am unsure mainly came up when decideding the current sensing resistor on page 4: SCD and OCD, for these parameters they have a current, time and threshold voltage, I am not sure where I get this information for the batteries I am using. Another property I am unsure of is the balancing current I should be using can anyone direct me as to what current I should typically use to balance?

Any help and guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Art

The ad does not say the battery is a Lithium-ion type, but the datasheet does.
Why the warning about 20A? The little Li-PO batteries in my radio controlled model airplanes can produce more current than that.

Your battery will be 36V only when it is about half-discharged. it will be 42V when fully charged and 25V when it is dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back