Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

battery help

Status
Not open for further replies.

andy1986

ok first of i would like to explain what i i am making.
i am a tournament paintball addict and the paint that we use is very brittle so it breaks on target, to do this the paint needs to be kept at a certain temperature other wise it will break in the barrel. what i am trying to make is a heat bag and need to know what sort of battery i would need to run this
**broken link removed**

for at least 3 hours

many thanks for your help in advance Andy

ps if you know of any products that would do this please feel free to give a link.

i am also not that technically minded so bare with me

The advert says it draws 17A - so 3 hours at 17A is 51AH.

You would need a LARGE car battery to do that, or preferably a leisure battery which would handle the abuse better.

with that sort of current, i would suggest a deep cycle battery. a bit pricey but will last longer under such conditions.

is this for transport in your car or just in a room etc, what is the target temperature??

they need to be kept at around 15-20c, i will make a bag of some sort to keep the heat in as it will be out doors in a field while we play.
i am open to suggestions as to other heat sources

thanks very much for your quick response please keep them coming

Last edited:
well you have a couple of options really,

option 1, those thermal packs for walking would be ideal

option 2, i keep reptiles and they require a heatmat, these heatmats are as low as 7watts @ 240v

this would need a battery and an inverter to run but they are quite low powered.

think your best bet is the thermal packs, if you pay a bit extra you can get the ones that you boil afterwards and it recharges them. no batteries that way

hope that helps

once i have unpacked it out of my car it will stay were it is until i go home, so ideally it needs to be fairly light and compact

i posted before but it didnt go up as im new, have you thought of those reuseable thermal packs, the type used for walking. i use them when transporting my reptiles over long distances

i did yes but i will need to keep warm about 20,000 paintballs (10 cases) so would need allot.

unfortunately the fan that i showed in the first post is a load of rubbish you can't even feel it on you face, so am in need of some suggestions of a portable heat source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back