Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Battery Consumption

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonloopsun

Hi guys,

I am new here and still not an engineer and have not much knowledge in Battery / electricity but have a major project I am working on and would be very happy to get some answers..

I am trying to build a machine that is using a spin motor that work periodically in set times (650 spins a day: 10 turn per minute than a few minutes rest) by a simple electric circuit and position it in a place without electricity connection.

The manufacture of the motor sent me these consumption values: Voltage: 3 - 12VDC, Current @ maximum efficiency: 0.17A. On the machines provided power supply I have the follow values: 3v / 1.2A

They also claim that when it is operated by strong 2 x AA batteries it will be able to work for around 8-9 weeks (defined amount of movements periodically in a day - around 650 turns total).

I try to find a way to operate the machine longer without any need to change the batteries every second month.

I try to look at a solution of connecting a 40000mAh portable usb power bank to it through a 'step down voltage device' that will provide it the right amount of Voltage and Ampere.

Like this one:

My questions are:

Is it true that in these settings with a 40000mAh power bank, the machine will be able to run 20 times longer than when it will when running on 2x AA 2000mAh batteries ?

Is it safe to have the machine connected to such a power bank constantly and have it stored in a close place ?

Thanks a lot for your time !

Is it true that in these settings with a 40000mAh power bank, the machine will be able to run 20 times longer than when it will when running on 2x AA 2000mAh batteries ?
In long term, not probably. Whatever source of information have forgotten to mention about self discharge or battery bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back