Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Battery backup with charger Ckt

Status
Not open for further replies.

yagtoby

My electronic circuit (CMOS IC based) draws maximum 20 mA and needs minimum 6V. The circuit application requirement calls for a continuous operation. As of now it is running through step-down AC (240V) to DC (6V) circuit. I tried the circuit with Ni-CD & Ni MH batteries and they last only for a few days. I am looking for a battery backup circuit which can drive the circuit during AC power – off conditions and auto battery charging and cut-off during AC power-on conditions.
From the net, the circuit **broken link removed** appears to meet my requirement. The MOSFETchip being surface mount type, somehow I feel difficulty in handling them and its availabilty is doubtful for me. Could somebody suggest me :
- Any other simpler circuit meeting my requirement.

thanks in advance.

yagtoby said:
My electronic circuit (CMOS IC based) draws maximum 20 mA and needs minimum 6V. The circuit application requirement calls for a continuous operation. As of now it is running through step-down AC (240V) to DC (6V) circuit. I tried the circuit with Ni-CD & Ni MH batteries and they last only for a few days. I am looking for a battery backup circuit which can drive the circuit during AC power – off conditions and auto battery charging and cut-off during AC power-on conditions.
From the net, the circuit **broken link removed** appears to meet my requirement. The MOSFETchip being surface mount type, somehow I feel difficulty in handling them and its availabilty is doubtful for me. Could somebody suggest me :
- Any other simpler circuit meeting my requirement.

thanks in advance.
hi,
Have a look at this forum link.
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/battery-charger-design.30011/?highlight=battery+charger

The link you have posted seems to be a complex circuit for what you have in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back