Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

battery and charger

Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends on the battery chemistry.

It also depends on how fast or slow you want to charge the battery.
You can charge it in 1 hour or 14 hours. And the battery will either suffer or last its full intended life.

I don't think people from 3rd-world countries know about any new rechargeable battery except the old lead-acid type used in cars for nearly 100 years.
They don't know about Ni-Cad, Ni-MH, Rechargeable-Alkaline, Lithium-Ion or Lithium-Polymer.

Therefore they should ask on a website in their own country.

hello audioguru

we r already using Ni-Cad, Ni-MH, Rechargeable-Alkaline, Lithium-Ion or Lithium-Polymer batteries in commercial areas in PAKISTAN but i m talking about my own cheap lead acid battery that i use to glow leds in my home

Last edited:
My car has a lead-acid battery. It charges it. I have never used a lead-acid battery for anything else. Your lead-acid battery is tiny.
For my LED projects I use Alkaline, Ni-MH and Lithium-Ion battery cells.
For my electric model RC airplanes I use Lithium-Ion and Lithium Polymer batteries.

My AC electricity is reliable and inexpensive so most things are powered from it.

A lead-acid battery is for cars that charges them. I don't want to find a charger circuit for your little lead-acid battery. You find one or design one.

For such an odd lead-acid battery voltage you will likely have to build your own charger. You could use a 6V transformer with a bridge rectifier and filter, and an LM317 regulator set to about 4.7V output voltage (assuming it's a two-cell battery). You many need to add a small resistor in series to limit the initial charging current if the battery is significantly discharged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back