Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Basic Project [Small Audio Emitter]

Status
Not open for further replies.

nintendo9713

Hello everybody, I'm new to the forum. I want to make a really basic project. The smaller the better, and also louder (which I know is probably the tradeoff). I want a small device that can play a short wav file (not just a frequency beep) at certain time intervals. I would assume I need an audio device and a clock at the least.

If anyone could give me a good push, that would be great. I know this is really basic and I just want to throw it together in the next couple of weeks. If there are any example schematics or projects, I would love to see them.

Thanks guys!

Can I get more information? Like I said, I'm new to this, and would like to get help from the start. That chip sounds like it's what I'm looking for, but how can I make it play at certain times? Thanks for the reply!

To make the chip active at certain times, you will have to add external circuitry.

Last edited:
External circuitry is fine. I still want to go for the smallest I possibly can. That chip Mike linked looks really good. I just need a high level schematic so I can see how this needs to be accomplished. Is there no past similar project?

Maybe you don't know that the chip drives a 16 ohm speaker with very low power and horrible audio quality.
You must select a speaker and an enclosure for it. They are pretty big.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back