Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

basic intermittent circuit help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

digger

Hello, just a few questions about a "2 transistor lamp flasher" circuit which can be viewed at; Flasher Circuits

-I want to change the LED to a lamp, is this just a case of removing the resistor and LED and inserting a lamp?
-I want to make the circuit 6V instead of 9V, do I simply use a 6V battery instead or will I have to change other component values?
-If I add a switch to this circuit, does the pause come first or the pulse come first when the switch is closed? Can this be reversed easily?
-I want to have a 2 second pause then a 1 second pulse, what values will i have to change?
-If all this is possible, I'd like to make it a little more complicated. I only want it to pulse once each time the circuit is closed?

If anyone can answer some, or all of these questions it'd be very much appreciated. Cheers folks.

Hello, just a few questions about a "2 transistor lamp flasher" circuit which can be viewed at; Flasher Circuits

-I want to change the LED to a lamp, is this just a case of removing the resistor and LED and inserting a lamp?
-I want to make the circuit 6V instead of 9V, do I simply use a 6V battery instead or will I have to change other component values?
-If I add a switch to this circuit, does the pause come first or the pulse come first when the switch is closed? Can this be reversed easily?
-I want to have a 2 second pause then a 1 second pulse, what values will i have to change?
-If all this is possible, I'd like to make it a little more complicated. I only want it to pulse once each time the circuit is closed?

If anyone can answer some, or all of these questions it'd be very much appreciated. Cheers folks.

If you scroll down the page you linked to there is a 6 volt version using an incandescent lamp.

However, skipping to your last..........

If all this is possible, I'd like to make it a little more complicated. I only want it to pulse once each time the circuit is closed?

Then forget the circuit you linked to and build a circuit around a 555 timer chip configured as a "One Shot" since that is what you are describing. Give this link a read. I think it is what you seem to be looking for.

<EDIT> 4Pyros was quicker than I was. :) </EDIT>

Ron

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back