Basic info on stepper motors

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManTic

Hey.

I am doing a school project, where i need a motor to drive a delivery system of some kind. The point is that i need a motor to drive some wheels

I found out, that we had some old printers (Canon BJC 4100/4300), from where i grabbed some motors.

I'm not that much into motors, but quickly found out that it was stepper motors... I then consultet my teacher, who told me that you need a motor driver that fits to your kind of motor. He said that there's a bunch of magnets inside the stepper motor, and that the controller i should use would have to be made for motors with X amount of magnets inside...

So what to do? I ask google.. But I haven't found a good explaination, that answers my question (so that I can understand it anyway)...

The motor I found is a Sankyo QH4-4107, 24 steps (counted manually) and 4 wires. I cannot find any other information about it.

Also - i've read some examples here and there, and they all refer to i.e. "black, yellow, orange, brown", like there is some kind of standard - but the three motors I've got, aren't colored in the same way... Confused I am

Oh yea.. Should have said that too, I've read Jones tutor and followed some of the links and read that too...
But i'll tjeck out that other link... Thanks

:roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…