Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Basic info on stepper motors

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManTic

Hey.

I am doing a school project, where i need a motor to drive a delivery system of some kind. The point is that i need a motor to drive some wheels :)

I found out, that we had some old printers (Canon BJC 4100/4300), from where i grabbed some motors.

I'm not that much into motors, but quickly found out that it was stepper motors... I then consultet my teacher, who told me that you need a motor driver that fits to your kind of motor. He said that there's a bunch of magnets inside the stepper motor, and that the controller i should use would have to be made for motors with X amount of magnets inside...

So what to do? I ask google.. But I haven't found a good explaination, that answers my question (so that I can understand it anyway)...

The motor I found is a Sankyo QH4-4107, 24 steps (counted manually) and 4 wires. I cannot find any other information about it.

Also - i've read some examples here and there, and they all refer to i.e. "black, yellow, orange, brown", like there is some kind of standard - but the three motors I've got, aren't colored in the same way... Confused I am :)

Oh yea.. Should have said that too, I've read Jones tutor and followed some of the links and read that too...
But i'll tjeck out that other link... Thanks

:roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back