Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

basic electronics

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would suggest a course of some sorts. Try going to your local college and see if they do evening courses. That's the best way of learning. Failing that, you can probably find a postal course or even online. You could also get books and learn that way - look in your book store for beginner's electronics books.

I can't really suggest where to look as you haven't filled out the location information on your profile. If you were in the UK, most towns have a college or adult education centre that does night courses, or there's ICS for distance learning.

As you've posted this in the repair section, I'll offer some advice - don't try to walk before you can crawl! Learn basic electronics, THEN attempt repairs. I'm sure you probably didn't mean to put it in here, though ;-)

Step 1: Spend several years studying about every electronics circuit you can find.
Step 2: ....
Step 3: Profit

Wanting to learn electronics is not like learning to ride a bicycle.

You obviously have not spent much time on the net searching? Remember "Google" is your friend.

You will find more than enough tutorials on the net to keep you busy with, but remember, you will not get a qualification from the net. For that you MUST go to school.

I would suggest a course of some sorts. Try going to your local college and see if they do evening courses. That's the best way of learning. Failing that, you can probably find a postal course or even online. You could also get books and learn that way - look in your book store for beginner's electronics books.

I can't really suggest where to look as you haven't filled out the location information on your profile. If you were in the UK, most towns have a college or adult education centre that does night courses, or there's ICS for distance learning.

As you've posted this in the repair section, I'll offer some advice - don't try to walk before you can crawl! Learn basic electronics, THEN attempt repairs. I'm sure you probably didn't mean to put it in here, though ;-)
Sorry, I have to ask - which is the bestcourse for distance learning? I can only see the following on the ICS site:

Engineering Courses

I'm guessing the BTEC or City and Guilds?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back