Bargraph oil pressure reader using LM3914

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekooke

Hello,
I am trying to make an oil pressure reader gauge using a LM3914 based circuit. I know that an electrical oil pressure gauge (in the car) is just a calibrated voltmeter, so it should be relatively easy to do. I have built a 12V bargraph voltmeter using the diagram from National Semiconductor, and it works well for monitoring my car's charging system, showing a range of 9-16 volts.
What I want to do is build another one of these units for oil pressure (0-100 psi), using the standard 240-33 ohm transducer sending unit that can be obtained at any auto parts stores. I have looked at many circuits based on the LM3914, but can't find one that addresses how to connect the 3rd lead to the transducer sender. Any help on locating a specific circuit for this (based on the LM3914) or any other idea on how to proceed would be much appreciated. Thank You.

kewl

Kewl. How did u make the voltmeter? Post the schematic. Is it just an a/f gauge circuit with a different resistor to display 9-16 v instead of 0-1v?

I wish I could help u on ur oil pressure but i have no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…