Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bargraph oil pressure reader using LM3914

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekooke

Hello,
I am trying to make an oil pressure reader gauge using a LM3914 based circuit. I know that an electrical oil pressure gauge (in the car) is just a calibrated voltmeter, so it should be relatively easy to do. I have built a 12V bargraph voltmeter using the diagram from National Semiconductor, and it works well for monitoring my car's charging system, showing a range of 9-16 volts.
What I want to do is build another one of these units for oil pressure (0-100 psi), using the standard 240-33 ohm transducer sending unit that can be obtained at any auto parts stores. I have looked at many circuits based on the LM3914, but can't find one that addresses how to connect the 3rd lead to the transducer sender. Any help on locating a specific circuit for this (based on the LM3914) or any other idea on how to proceed would be much appreciated. Thank You.

kewl

Kewl. How did u make the voltmeter? Post the schematic. Is it just an a/f gauge circuit with a different resistor to display 9-16 v instead of 0-1v?

I wish I could help u on ur oil pressure but i have no idea. :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back