[b]Help on a simple 12v battery charger. [/b]

Status
Not open for further replies.

chokolate

Hi to all who view this,

i'm actually in desperated needs. i'm apparently doing a school project and i'm not very good in coming out with a design. i have been searching on the net for quite sometime and still couldn't find a suitable design.

i need help on a simple 12v battery charger. o/p 12V, 0.5A to charge the battery. The circuit must not have any voltage regulators, ic chips. The circuit would be put together with a transformer.

Need the schematic asap!
thanks in advanced to those whom help me.

I've seen schematics where a zener diode and transistor are used to regulate voltage. Sorry I don't have a URL but if you search under power supply basics you'll find it eventually. Usually it's an extension of a description on how a zener diode is applied in power supplies.

All you need for a simple charger is a transformer, a rectifer, and a resistor - most cheap commercial chargers are built like this.

Thanks for the help. i'll go on searching for more. But wat i really need is a circuit, i'm running out of time. :cry: i need a circuit that is simple.

To stevez, can i use a op-amp to regulate the voltage and the current?

Do anyone have a regulator circuit that has a constant output which is 12V and 0.5A? The circuit cannot have a regulator and IC chips.
Would love to recieve more replies!

I hope this help.
Don't copy, just a guidance !! right !!

STEVE

Attachments

• charger2.zip
    14.7 KB · Views: 311
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…