• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.


Not open for further replies.


New Member
I need a combo electrolytic cap with values as follows: 2500 ufd and 1000 ufd @75V. This is used in a old Fisher tuner/amp. In the power supply section. Seperate caps will be good to!!. Can anyone point me in the right direction to obtain these parts... Thank you..... Rich


Active Member
What problem are you facing? These capacitors are readily available in the market. If you want to make 2500uF out of 470uF or so connect around 5 of them in parallel and for 1000uF connect two in parallel.


New Member
From your description, it sounds like an old vertical can type with both capacitors inside the single can. This may be a problem to replace directly but the parts are available individually. One source:


has them in the Panasonic TS series for around $5 each.

Another source is TV repair shops that have been around awhile - if you can even find one - there aren't many repair shops anymore.

I'm betting you have a loud hum, leaking capacitors (waxy goo at the base) - maybe both. As you repair the unit, you might also check a large resistor in the same area as the capacitor - sometimes they also blow. Please remember that capacitors store lots of power and should be handled carefully.
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

EE World Online Articles