Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[b]DIGITAL THERMOMETER (URGENT HELP NEEDED)[/b]

Status
Not open for further replies.

godwin4real

Am kind of new to this forum, and I need your help.
I want you to put me through in my project which I am working on at the moment. I need to Design and construct a Digital thermometer, and I dont know how to go about it. Please kindly help me with a circuit diagram (Schematic) of a Digital Thermometer.

I also need some explanation on how to build it.

I'll be very grateful for all your supports and contribution.

Thanks,

Godwin.

About the easiest way I know to build a digital thermometer is to use a national LM34 precision temp. sensor and feed it to a digital voltmeter, as
the ouput voltage from the sensor is millivolts equal to the temperature in
degrees F.

digi thermo

:D hi godwin,

as mention by k7elp you can try the LM34 for your temp. sensor. as an added info there are i believe 2 kinds of LM34, they are LM34CH in a TO-5 casing and LM34Z in a TO-92 casing. both are fahrenheit temp sensor. the LM35CH & LM35Z are centigrade sensors.

if the above items are not available there is another way of making a simple temp. sensor, that is if accuracy of temp. reading is not of utmost importance.

you can use the 2N2222A as your temp. probe configured to act like a diode. then feed the output to an op-amp like the 741, from the emitter connect it to the inverting input, from the base/collector connect to the non-inverting input thru a variable resistor. this variable resistor is used to adjust the output of the op-amp from 2 - 3v. connect your output to your DMM. whatever is your reading, multiply that by 100, you have your F* temp.

am sorry i cant post the schem, its lost somewhere, what am doing now is just look at my pcb. by the way am using this sensor to test the temp of a heatsink to check whether i have used the appropiate heatsink size. :D

hope this could help. :D

p.s. i almost forgot to mention, this device should have a 5v supply. if you are interested with this i could draw up the schem and post it here or thru email. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back