Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Automotive Project 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zevon,

It’s a fact that a car is an interference nightmare, but the ABS system can figure it out so the noise shouldn’t be a big problem. I am more worried about “radio signals” in this environment with all kinds of signals in a wide spectrum. Sure there are pros and cons with every solution and this can be turned over a million times and we will still be at square one. :D

Ante :roll:

...Sorry Ante, I didn't explain that well, I didn't mean electrical noise. I meant statistical noise, ie readings that vary naturally say +/- a few digits, and the true data varying only a few digits, so it is hidden in the information.

I would guess the data is compared as a trend, over a given span of time, then a choice is made wether or not the pressure is going down.

On the subject of 'the big boys' I do remember reading an article in the siliconchip magazine, but looking thru my collection I can't find it. But with my mag collection spread out thru many boxes it will take some time to unearth it. Off memory it was a maxim smd chip and it sat on the inside of the tyre wall. A pretty neat idea but the article was for the cars of the future so it looks like a lot of fun for us small blokes to come up with a similar idea.

cheers Bryan1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back