Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Automatic shifter wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

mivec88

Hello,

I have a Mitsubishi Mirage with a Mivec V6 in it out of a FTO, I got the car with no tiptronic shifter so purchased on from a local wreckers after purchasing I found the plugs were different. I am just wondering if there is a way to wire it up so it talks to the tiptronic ECU.

I have attached both wiring diagrams of the switch. Please let me know if more information is needed.

Thank you in advance to any help provided.

Regards,

A

Attachments

• Lancer wiring.jpg
    Lancer wiring.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 268
  • FTO wiring.jpg
    FTO wiring.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 258
Confused. Your pic has the word "Lancer" in the filename. Your post doesn't.

So, fill in the blanks:

I have an automobile that uses the wiring diagram (filename #1) , but I accidentally bought a shifter switch that has this (filename #2) wiring diagram). Can I make it work?

Not well versed in TLA's (Three Letter Acronyms).

I saw the comments in the files which is actually better when you know to look there.

ASIDE: I had a 4 set LP record album and I could not find the side 1, 2, 3 and 4 markings. the numbers were HUGE and took up the entire center of the album.

It seems like your OK except that the new switch does not contain the light, otherwise the swap looks straightforward.

You might post some more of the Illuminatiion circuit and look at your car's instructions to see if the LAMP is driven from the ECU and provides other functions by blinking etc. or is it strictly dash lighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back