Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Automated battery charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valentine

I have some battery charger which i connected my 12v battery to. But the problem is that i fear it would weaken the battery easily because its fixed to the charger. Pls can someone help me with a 12v automated battery charger schematics.

It won't be a problem as long as it's float voltage doesn't exceed 13.8V.

But don't u think it will overcharge. Pls if u can, help me with the schematics, i can't risk the battery; its a motorcycle battery and quite expensive.

Valentine,

Is the battery a flooded-cell lead-acid battery (with liquid and caps), a sealed lead-acid battery (SLA, VRLA,AGM), or a Gel-Cell Battery. The charging/floating regimen is different for all three.

The best bet is to go to the maker's web site and print out data sheet for the specific battery you are using. The data sheet usually has charging and floating voltage and current limits specific to the battery type/size.

Most of the circuits posted on the web are generic (adjustable?), and you will have to know the specific requirements for your exact battery anyway. Do not just take a charging circuit off the web and expect it to protect your investment.

Last motor cycle battery I bought from supercheap autos here was $22.50.Lead acid type.
120mm x 60mm or so

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back