Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Auto dc moter reversing circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Rice

Need to automatic reverse 12v dc motor.
Application is a shuttle in a saw mill model moving back and forth, driven by a lead screw :idea:

Bill Rice said:
Need to automatic reverse 12v dc motor.
Application is a shuttle in a saw mill model moving back and forth, driven by a lead screw :idea:
Simplest way is to use microswitches operating a changeover relay.

I've heard that an H-bridge is good for this. I put "h bridge dc motor" in Google and this site came up - https://www.robotroom.com/HBridge.html

The bridge accomplishes the same things as the relay. I can be constructed from discrete parts out of a junk box.

Alternatives to the microswitch are magnet/reed relay, photocell or similar devices.

Sounds like a fun project - good luck.

I highly recommend that site mentioned above btw for any robot fans... David Cooks book I think was seriously one of the best Ive read (for a newcomer like myself) into all aspects of robotics, plus as you can see, he knows a thing or two about electronics too.

Use L293 Dual H-Bridge Driver Chip. Handles 1A current and is very easy to interface with logic circuit.

Aaargh, you guys think all too complicated. Get a windscreen wiper motor, it reverses all by itself :D

Klaus

Actually the windshield wiper motor spins like any other motor. It uses an arm with a ball on the end and some other linkage to move the wipers back and forth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back