Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Audio interface to digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

lona

I have a device called audiometer is used for measuring hearing threshold of a person; this device presents tones at different frequencies, and at different intensity.
Need a device (interface) & software that can be connected to the output of stereo audio jack (audiometer) to capture the frequency and intensity (for given ear left/right) and plot it on the audiogram.
Example; plot for the right ear at 1KHz is 35db & at 2KHz is 40db & at 3KHz is 45db & at 4Khz is 50db
Audiometer ;
Frequency levels are from: 125Hz, 500Hz, 750Hz, 1 KHz, 1500 Hz, 2 KHz, 3 KHz, 4 KHz, 6 KHz, 8 KHz
The intensity levels are from: -10db to 120db (in 5db steps incremental )

Please let me know who can build it ?

I have a device called audiometer is used for measuring hearing threshold of a person; this device presents tones at different frequencies, and at different intensity.
Need a device (interface) & software that can be connected to the output of stereo audio jack (audiometer) to capture the frequency and intensity (for given ear left/right) and plot it on the audiogram.
Example; plot for the right ear at 1KHz is 35db & at 2KHz is 40db & at 3KHz is 45db & at 4Khz is 50db
Audiometer ;
Frequency levels are from: 125Hz, 500Hz, 750Hz, 1 KHz, 1500 Hz, 2 KHz, 3 KHz, 4 KHz, 6 KHz, 8 KHz
The intensity levels are from: -10db to 120db (in 5db steps incremental )

Please let me know who can build it ?

Look on the web for 'Audacity 1.3 Beta', its a PC program that will capture and display audio files.
Its a freedownload.

Plug your audiometer into the PC 'aux/line' audio input
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Last edited:
Thank for the link but this is for recording and editing sounds my requirement is different.
Need some one to design it

What's your project budget?

PS it will be far less expensive to find software for your PCs soundcard than any custom hardware design.

Last edited:
Then perhaps a programmers forum will get you faster results. Mostly electronic types here.

Not sure but Labview programmers may be able to do this.

This job is to design hardware(interface) first, that get connected to audiometer , then PC software

Not sure I can follow what you are saying, can you or any one can do this design work, and get paied.

This is my requirement to design the device as per my specifications,
Microphone or audio jack to pc will not do the job.
have a look what is audiometer or I can provide you with that,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back