Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Audio interface to digital

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have given a summery of my specification on my first thread. I can provide a full detail of the specification for the person that would like to take the job.

and NO this is not school project.

Last edited:
I have given a summery of my specification on my first thread. I can provide a full detail of the specification for the person that would like to take the job.

Sorry, but there's nothing in your original posts that gives any information - apart from you need a jack lead and some PC software.

Are you wanting to replicate and replace the commercial unit you've got?, because you don't suggest that anywhere.

No I do not want to build an audiometer, an audiometer by itself does not have some functionality, but by designing the interface and software it will do the complete design of my requirement.

I am a lot older than you so please be more professional.
Just to let you know I am an audiologist

No I do not want to build an audiometer, an audiometer by itself does not have some functionality, but by designing the interface and software it will do the complete design of my requirement.

We now on the third page, and you STILL haven't told us anything we need to know - you say you want to interface something to something. What EXACTLY are these two items, and what type of interface do you require?.

RMAA: it uses the sound card in your computer to measure the amptitude and frequency distributions of a signal, either a mic or line level signal.

just a pair of headphone jack and a computer with a sound card will do.

My understanding is an audiometer is a precise tone generator with accurate volume level output in dB. It's plays a tone and the patient responds based on how well they hear it.

What additional functionality do you want?

Last edited:
yes we are on the third page.
I am in Australia and currently is 1.3am, as I said do you want me to send you some spec by tomorrow ?

The problem with audiometers is the variable frequency response of their transducers (headphones). But it shows when the listener is stone deaf.

The hearing test is for the transducer, not for the hearing of the listener. They go up to only 8kHz because good transducers don't go higher accurately.

I think they should use pink noise or warble frequencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back