audible signal from optical signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

severard

Not an electronics engineer but would like some advice about a problem I have.
I have an led alarm that cannot be easily seen so I would like to know if its possible to have a device that fits over the led that when lit will send a beep to ear phones. The ear phones are connected to a 2 way radio. I cannot break into the device that contains the led so thats why I nned the optical device.
Thanks
Steve

It's easy to covert light from an LED into an electrical ON/OFF signal. Transmitting that signal to a two way radio in a way it can be heard on earphones connected to the radio requires certain information about the radio.

Thanks for your quick reply, Would it be easier to have a circuit that includes a device that will emit sound and then we could just tee into the earbuds ?

It's easy to convert the light from the blinking LED into an ON/OFF audible sound, say, through a speaker or earphone directly connected to the conversion circuit. However, transmitting the sound to a two way radio such that the sound can be heard in earphones connected to the radio requires certain information about the radio.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…