Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

audible signal from optical signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

severard

Not an electronics engineer but would like some advice about a problem I have.
I have an led alarm that cannot be easily seen so I would like to know if its possible to have a device that fits over the led that when lit will send a beep to ear phones. The ear phones are connected to a 2 way radio. I cannot break into the device that contains the led so thats why I nned the optical device.
Thanks
Steve

It's easy to covert light from an LED into an electrical ON/OFF signal. Transmitting that signal to a two way radio in a way it can be heard on earphones connected to the radio requires certain information about the radio.

Thanks for your quick reply, Would it be easier to have a circuit that includes a device that will emit sound and then we could just tee into the earbuds ?

It's easy to convert the light from the blinking LED into an ON/OFF audible sound, say, through a speaker or earphone directly connected to the conversion circuit. However, transmitting the sound to a two way radio such that the sound can be heard in earphones connected to the radio requires certain information about the radio.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back