Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Atmel 2051

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruzfactor

I need an easy tutorial for programming ATMEL 2051 or 8051 MCU in C. Please post some links.

I have found a good book. C & the 8051 Thomas Schultz.

Is there any cheap programmer for AT89C2051?? I couldn't find a 11.0592 mhz crystal. Can I use 10mhz instead of it?

Where can I find the 8051io.h and 8051reg.h files?? I need these files. Plz help someone.
Can I use 8051 programmer to program hex files in 2051?

11.0592MHz is easily divided for serial port baud rates.
You can find an easy 2051 programmer at the Atmel site, or you could previously.

Plz Help!

I wanna build a LF robot which I have found from a website.

Can I replace the AT89C2051 in the following circuit with a AT89C51 with pin connections as same as the AT89C51 image below?

The HEx file is compiled for this C program for 2051? Will this file work for AT89C51 too?

I couldn't find any 2051 programmer. I have a working AT89C51programmer.

Plz someone help! Main site for this LF robot: **broken link removed**

Attachments

• main_CKT.gif
    main_CKT.gif
    8.1 KB · Views: 824
  • 8051.JPG
    8051.JPG
    18.6 KB · Views: 491
  • ROB.C
    1.3 KB · Views: 249
Last edited:
The problem with using a 8051 is you will generally need external RAM and address decoders this with a 40 pin micro makes for a much larger circuit. I don't keep track of the 100's of 8051 variants so there may be some out there with enough RAM onboard.

ruzfactor said:
I need an easy tutorial for programming ATMEL 2051 or 8051 MCU in C. Please post some links.
Hai, please see if this site is useful to you-
**broken link removed**

In general, i felt that you should settle for a specific C software for 8051 or its compatibles like 89c2051, then study its user manual and it goes well as you practice. Many examples would be given by the software, I presume.

Last edited:
ruzfactor said:
I wanna build a LF robot which I have found from a website.

Can I replace the AT89C2051 in the following circuit with a AT89C51 with pin connections as same as the AT89C51 image below?

The HEx file is compiled for this C program for 2051? Will this file work for AT89C51 too?

I couldn't find any 2051 programmer. I have a working AT89C51programmer.

Plz someone help! Main site for this LF robot: **broken link removed**
if it is a flash type ISP programmer, it would work for 2051 also
did you not see the ISP prog from
**broken link removed** have for

As the software is compatible, you always prefer to use 89S52-- it is cheaper and ISP programable.
you can later program 89s2051 from this programmer.

Ikalogic has also many types of robot projects on his website. and the 8051 C tutorials are started there. perhaps many freshers and can use them, and seniors enjoy it too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back