Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Astable Multivibrator not switching

Status
Not open for further replies.
When we are talking about circuit unbalance. In terms of which transistor turn on faster. Which components and they parameters this affect?
Thanks

when simulating any oscillator, uic or startup options should be used. they both ramp the power supply as if you had turned on a power switch.

what causes the first transistor to turn on... slight differences in Hfe or Vbe, slight differences in resistor values, slight differences in capacitor values. other possible causes include temperature, and even various types of background radiation. basically, anything that causes an imbalance between the two sides.

Are this mosfet drivers galvanic isolated?

SiLabs.com has many different types.

It looks like that mosfet driver already have two mosfet integrated. in schematic

The Toshiba TLP152 has a high current Cmos output and like all opto-couplers its input LED is galvanically isolated from its detector output circuit.
If it is used to drive your load instead of separate Mosfets then what is your load and what is its supply voltage?

It looks like that mosfet driver already have two mosfet integrated. in schematic
Yes but.....All the MOSFET drivers are built for high current on the edges but not all the time. There is not way to get the heat out. They are usually rated for 1 to 2 amps but at a very small duty cycle. I have used the drivers to drive light loads.

So this mosfet drivers contain voltage generating part and control part for each mosfet? If i have in series lets say 10 mosfets and i want to turn on third one only. How should i connect this driver to it? To turn third mosfet on, I must to connect two pins to gate and source. Thats all I need. I have no clue how to do it with this driver.

I have no clue how to do it with this driver.
Please start a new topic. This is not about "multivibrators". How to drive the Gate of a MOSFET with isolation.?
Please describe how the 10 MOSFETs will be connected. (bridge??) Include voltage and current. Why isolation?
I need to know what frequency (100khz), duty cycle range (25% to 75%), will the duty cycle go to 0 or to 100%?
Include as much information as you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back