Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Arrow electronics makes me surprise

Right now, it is a seller’s market.

You think that 200% is outrageous?
A friend who services medical electronics, found that his distributor which he has used for years, had increased its prices 180%. He decided to look elsewhere, but no reputable distributors had any stock. So he came back next day to the original distributor only to find absolutely all stock gone and a 9 month backlog.
Thus he had to go thru brokers, to find the part anywhere from 250 to 400% what he had been paying for.
Since this was for medical equipment, on top of that he had to pay $1500 to an external lab to test and decap some samples to ensure they were not counterfeit.

On top of all that, pay additional expedited shipping from Hong Kong. And I am sure that is not even the worst incident out there.

Right now, it is a seller’s market.

You think that 200% is outrageous?
A friend who services medical electronics, found that his distributor which he has used for years, had increased its prices 180%. He decided to look elsewhere, but no reputable distributors had any stock. So he came back next day to the original distributor only to find absolutely all stock gone and a 9 month backlog.
Thus he had to go thru brokers, to find the part anywhere from 250 to 400% what he had been paying for.
Since this was for medical equipment, on top of that he had to pay $1500 to an external lab to test and decap some samples to ensure they were not counterfeit.

On top of all that, pay additional expedited shipping from Hong Kong. And I am sure that is not even the worst incident out there.
twice double means over 400% of my case.

Your original statement was double, not twice double.

Listen, all we are attempting to tell you is that absolutely everyone involved in electronics has been feeling a lot of pain. Is not only you.
Companies, specifically smaller ones have fared terribly.
The worst part is when a company goes bankrupt, leaving many heads of households without an income.

Personally, my company forced me to take an early retirement.

Last edited:
Your original statement was double, not twice double.

Listen, all we are attempting to tell you is that absolutely everyone involved in electronics has been feeling a lot of pain. Is not only you.
Companies, specifically smaller ones have fared terribly.
The worst part is when a company goes bankrupt, leaving many heads of households without an income.

Personally, my company forced me to take an early retirement.
long time no see, my statement was twice double, we always buy from offline agent, based on the former case, online price was double of offline price, after negotiating, the price was double again, so compare with offline price, it was twice double.

BTW, don't retire too earlier, now the supply chain is better than the past few years, let's do biz if have a chance. hahaha

as we know, arrow electronics is a famous franchised distributor in the world.

but last time, i planed to buy a part from their online shop, and i negotiated with customer service for a better price, but they refused it as they said the price is decided by original mgr.

the most funniest is that, the next day the price has been doubled.

it changed a lot, it makes me surprise a lot.
If your parts pass through the port of YVR ( Vancouver, BC, Canada), there has been a labor dispute since July 1 that's affecting western Canada's economy. I'm not waiting for any items to pass through that port.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back