Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Are these resistors or capacitors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there,

My friend has some problems with a circuit and he found out that these SMD components were faulty. The thing is, I'm not really good in SMD stuff, so anyone can confirm whether these black little thing in the pictures that said "151" are actually 150 ohms resistors? csc0561..jpg

Thanks. :D

Hey there,

My friend has some problems with a circuit and he found out that these SMD components were faulty. The thing is, I'm not really good in SMD stuff, so anyone can confirm whether these black little thing in the pictures that said "151" are actually 150 ohms resistors?View attachment 39969

Thanks. :D

hi,
Its hard to tell from your image, a simple resistance test with an ohm meter would give the answer.

It's unlikely they're capcitors because SMT capacitors are normally not marked, so my bet is they're resistors.

What's the component on the other side of the board?

If he was wise enough to know they are faulty he should also know what they are, isn't it? Unless they are burnt to death, I guess...

arnt resistors usualy black with silver contacts and capacitors are usualy brownish orange colour or am wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back