Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

are cathode ray tubes better than lcd displays???

do you think crts are better than lcd displays?

• cathode ray tubes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • lcd displays

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You cannot beat a CRT for gaming applications. I use a 21" CRT (1280x1024) for my gaming and photo editing. And for cad and internet I use a 20" wide LCD (1680x1050). I would like a larger LCD with better native res but for now this will do. It will take some extreme tech and performance to get me away from my CRT for gaming or photo editing. LCD's slow refresh, poor colors, mediocre black levels and pixelization just do not cut it for me. Now if there was a 22" plasma with better then 1600 pixel width, man that would be cool :D

It's like records vs CDs, it'll be really hard to buy a CRT someday as it's just not going to sell. Add LED backlighting to an LCD and forgetaboutit.

CRT based TV's are a different ball of wax compared to a CRT based monitor.

So, this thread should really state what type of media this is about. As for TV/dvd viewing it is hard to beat a Plasma. Most people like LCD however since it seems sharper to them and the colors are more brilliant (both of which are not "life-like). But when it comes to a computer monitor, CRT's cannot yet beat beat for image quality. Of course, my 50# CRT is not as easy to lug around as is my 12# LCD ;)

It's just apples to apples depending on the media type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back