Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Approximating SMT Board Space

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuchy143

Hi All,

I am trying to get an approximate size(board space) of my current electronics so that I may make all the important stuff modular and put it on one PCB for all my products.

Does anyone have a rule of thumb for the approximate space of a 0805, 1210, soic 28...etc?(it's all SMT) It's a lowspeed device so I'm not concerned too much about crosstalk/high speed issues. There won't be too much noise on it as it's pretty much just an 8051 micro, some latches, and a USB controller. Currently our spacing between components is about .030" but feel that I should be able to push that a little further to give me more board space. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back