Applying a Sensor Output Analog Signal to a microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

firstoption

Good day to all,
Please I need help on how to get a stable 5V to my microcontroller. I want to convert the Output analog Signal from a sensor to digital Signal using the ADC peripheral in a microncontroller.According to the datasheet of the sensor,the Output voltage analog Signal has a range of : 0 to 5/10V. This means that the sensor can Output 0 to 5V OR 0 to 10V. My question is that is there a chip that i can use(or construct a small circuit) such that when the sensor Outputs 5V,I will get 5V from the Output of the chip and in case the sensor Outputs 10V , I will still get 5V from the Output of the chip.The constant Output voltage of 5V is important because my microcontroller maximum operating voltage is 5V.
I would be very grateful if somebody could put me through on how to resolve this issue.
Thank you for the usual support

All the sensors I know, you can configure to be EITHER o-5v OR 0-10v. But not both simultaneously, for the reasons you mention (damage to the ADC).

Posting your sensor datasheet would help a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…