Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Applying a Sensor Output Analog Signal to a microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

firstoption

Good day to all,
Please I need help on how to get a stable 5V to my microcontroller. I want to convert the Output analog Signal from a sensor to digital Signal using the ADC peripheral in a microncontroller.According to the datasheet of the sensor,the Output voltage analog Signal has a range of : 0 to 5/10V. This means that the sensor can Output 0 to 5V OR 0 to 10V. My question is that is there a chip that i can use(or construct a small circuit) such that when the sensor Outputs 5V,I will get 5V from the Output of the chip and in case the sensor Outputs 10V , I will still get 5V from the Output of the chip.The constant Output voltage of 5V is important because my microcontroller maximum operating voltage is 5V.
I would be very grateful if somebody could put me through on how to resolve this issue.
Thank you for the usual support

All the sensors I know, you can configure to be EITHER o-5v OR 0-10v. But not both simultaneously, for the reasons you mention (damage to the ADC).

Posting your sensor datasheet would help a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back