Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Application note

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone tell me from where i can get application note on 5KW current fed Dual Active Bridge? I am a newbie and have never worke on a hardware design on my own. So a good application note would be really helpful. Thanking in advance

Did a quickie google of "5KW current fed Dual Active Bridge":

First listed was this IEEE Pub.

Applications lower down.

Just curious.

A CF DAB is not a simple device to design (your stated goal) or build. I haven't tried, but from what I've seen, component selection, alone, requires a good deal of effort and expertise.

As a self proclaimed newbie (however you describe that appellation), why are you starting with such a difficult project?

Just curious.

A CF DAB is not a simple device to design (your stated goal) or build. I haven't tried, but from what I've seen, component selection, alone, requires a good deal of effort and expertise.

As a self proclaimed newbie (however you describe that appellation), why are you starting with such a difficult project?
because I don't have any other choice. I have to do it

Just curious.

Trying to simulate this topology but I am having a hard time to understand this paper especially the stages. Can anyone help with this. I will be highly obliged. Thanking in anticipation.

Attachments

• 3ph-min.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 107
Agree with Cowboybob.
Not to discourage you, but.......
Such a complex project is not something that can be explained in a hobbyist forum.

What you show as an example looks very much like a fully-regenerative three phase AC motor drive inverter.

The principles of one of these may help:
**broken link removed**

In industrial gear, most drives that small (5 KW) just use a braking resistor to dump excess regenerated power, but they are cheap..
**broken link removed**

Bigger ones may be an all-in-one unit or modular, with the input section as a power supply with DC out, feeding one or several separate DC to AC inverters & allowing any to feed power back via regeneration as needed.

eg. see the "infeed" and "power" module sections in here:
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back