Application note

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone tell me from where i can get application note on 5KW current fed Dual Active Bridge? I am a newbie and have never worke on a hardware design on my own. So a good application note would be really helpful. Thanking in advance

Did a quickie google of "5KW current fed Dual Active Bridge":

First listed was this IEEE Pub.

Applications lower down.

Just curious.

A CF DAB is not a simple device to design (your stated goal) or build. I haven't tried, but from what I've seen, component selection, alone, requires a good deal of effort and expertise.

As a self proclaimed newbie (however you describe that appellation), why are you starting with such a difficult project?

because I don't have any other choice. I have to do it

Trying to simulate this topology but I am having a hard time to understand this paper especially the stages. Can anyone help with this. I will be highly obliged. Thanking in anticipation.

Attachments

• 3ph-min.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 111
Agree with Cowboybob.
Not to discourage you, but.......
Such a complex project is not something that can be explained in a hobbyist forum.

What you show as an example looks very much like a fully-regenerative three phase AC motor drive inverter.

The principles of one of these may help:
**broken link removed**

In industrial gear, most drives that small (5 KW) just use a braking resistor to dump excess regenerated power, but they are cheap..
**broken link removed**

Bigger ones may be an all-in-one unit or modular, with the input section as a power supply with DC out, feeding one or several separate DC to AC inverters & allowing any to feed power back via regeneration as needed.

eg. see the "infeed" and "power" module sections in here:
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…